A Show as successful and vibrant as ours needs a large team of people to come together to make it work.
The team is big but we are always keen to welcome new members, particularly those with skills, occupations and expertise in key areas.
We need support in a number of areas. As you can imagine, there are a myriad of tasks to be done both in the run up to and during the Show. Rehearsals are ongoing, the producers are teaching and coaching the songs and acting to our cast of characters; the sets and props are being created, costumes are being designed and made and alongside this, the Business Committee is busy making sure that the operational and financial aspects are being taken care of as well.
We need help in so many forms that we would not want to try to list them all here, but to give some idea, the following are a flavour of what would be incredibly useful:
On the production side:
– rehearsal support (from people who are perhaps Scout/Guide leader already)
– dressmakers/costume makers (some of which could be done at home)
– set and prop makers (you don’t need to be a pro, just a dab hand with a saw or paintbrush)
– anyone with theatre-centric technical skills
– dressing room staff (will have to be DBS checked and undergo Safeguarding training)
– front of house (refreshments/merchandise)
On the business side:
– PR and Publicity support
– print design and production
– book-keeping and/or banking/cashier skills
– draw prize organising (in other words, could you charm the proverbial off a whotsit?)
This really doesn’t cover it – there will be things we haven’t even thought or even dreamed of. You don’t have to commit your life to it but if even if you can spare an hour between now and the Show, we may take you up on your offer.
Your skill, expertise, profession or perhaps business could really make a difference.
Please complete the form and we will be in touch shortly to discuss.
Gang Show is a magical, sometimes exhausting, but ultimately massively rewarding activity which has given so many opportunities to young people in this County over the past few decades. With your help, we can keep it going for the benefit of future generations too.
We look forward to hearing from you.